The Department for International Development is a United Kingdom government bureau whose sole responsibility is to administer overseas grants and financial assistance. The Primary vision of the Department of International Development is “to facilitate sustainable development and alleviate increasing world poverty”.
The offer for educational opportunity with Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from developing and middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by universities in United Kingdom.
- Selected reputable universities in the United Kingdom are partners in this program
Online Courses offered:
- Interested applicants are to apply to any of the choice courses offered by the institution
Number of Scholarships:
- The slots available for the scholarship is unlimited as there are numerous partner universities have offered opening to eligible candidates who are willing to commence studies by summer
Bangladesh,Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia,Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia,Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda,Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya,Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands,South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique.
Fully Funded Tuition:
With scholarship scheme, full tuition fees are covered for the successful recipient and other relevant costs of studying a UK Master’s course by distance learning.The benefits provided may cover the burden of the full cost of any residential fee in United Kingdom.
- All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (GMT) on 13 April 2020
For one to gain the scholarship, candidate must be:
• Citizen of a Commonwealth country or must have been granted refugee status.
• Be permanently resident in a developing country of the Commonwealth.
• Postgraduate applicants must hold a first degree of at least third class. This qualification however qualification applies to candidates’ relevant experience which will be considered in certain cases
• Must be able to provide evidence of inability to afford to study your chosen course without the scholarship aid.
- Candidates applying for postgraduate studies must be able to provide the previous transcript of Records
To gain the scholarship an applicant must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university.The university must be a partner and participating in the Distance Learning scheme. You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. Interested candidate must make contact with your chosen university and get the needed information on when to apply /deadline, admission requirements, and documents for application. All further need for details about the scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.
It is imperative to read the articles of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2020 Terms described above and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for the scholarship.